Scarring is unavoidable in any type of surgery. Because surgeries involve incisions, the body’s natural healing process triggers the creation of scar tissues to heal the wounds. Unfortunately, scarring can make your body look aesthetically unappealing, but the good news is that plastic surgery scars are smaller and gradually fade over time.
Carelessness during the recovery period can maximize or expand the scars; therefore, aftercare is very important not only to contain the scarring but also to reduce the scars. The best way is by supporting and strengthening your immune system. Below are some tips to bolster your immune system and minimize scarring after plastic surgery:
1. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet, in addition to decreasing your intake of fatty, calorie-laden foods. Fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that help your body heal.
2. Consume enough fluids and water. Patients are encouraged to drink as much filtered water, fresh juices, and soups as possible, as they have anti-oxidation properties that would help you heal properly and quickly. Avoid coffee and alcohol.
3. Exercise a few weeks after the surgery, but only with your surgeon’s approval. Do not engage in strenuous exercises immediately. Light exercises during the first few weeks after recovery will help circulate the blood through the body, flushing out toxins and providing fresh blood and oxygen to the surgical wounds.
4. Avoid smoking before surgery and at least 3-4 months after surgery. Tobacco makes the blood thicker and increases the risk of blood clotting. It also obstructs blood and oxygen flow to the surgical wounds, resulting in extensive scarring.
5. Fresh air helps the wounds heal. A consistent supply of oxygen to your incisions can help them heal properly and quickly. The lungs help rid the body of roughly 70 percent of toxins, and enough supply of fresh oxygen to your body can greatly help reduce surgical scarring.
6. Keeping the surgical area moist decreases the extent of scarring after an operation. Don’t attempt to dry out the surgical area or remove the scab. Let the scab fall off naturally.
7. Mild massage of the surgical area after its initial healing period can help improve the blood flow to the area. This will rid the area of toxins and help lessen scars in the process.
8. The use of silicone sheeting is recommended to decrease post-surgical scarring. The flat silicone sheeting helps avoid hypertrophic scarring and keeps the area hydrated.
9. Laser skin resurfacing, use of hydroquinone cream, application of raw honey to the scars, and use of certain lotions are also recommended by plastic surgeons.
HOURGLASS TV SCHEDULE
Make sure that you connect with us on the hourglass TV:
Monday: Bootyman 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Tuesday: Wonder Breasts 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Wednesday: Star Bodies 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Thursday: Snapchat All day
Friday: Superhourglass 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
To view Dr. Cortes’s impressive results, you can log on to his multiple websites:
- NEW ! http://www.houstonbestbreasts.com
You can contact his office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone #: 713-636-2729. Text message: 713-636-2729. Also, you can contact him through social media, including direct messaging through Instagram at dr_cortes, Facebook Messenger at Dr. Wilberto Cortes, and WhatsApp at 936-499-8075. To view Dr. Cortes’s impressive results, you can also follow him on the following social media sites.
To view Dr. Cortes’s impressive results, you can also follow him on the following social media sites:
Facebook – Dr. Wilberto Cortes
YouTube – Wilberto Cortes M.D.
YouTube – Wilberto Cortes
Snapchat – Dr. Cortes
Whats’ app – 936-499-8075
Linkedin – Wilberto Cortes
Google Plus- Dr. WilbertoCortesLive
Vimeo- Wilberto Cortes
Pinterest- Dr. Wilberto Cortes Plastic Surgeon
Periscope- Dr. Wilberto Cortes – @drhourglass